Top row: Strawberries and Crème, Chocolate Curl, Strawberry with Strawberry Chocolate Curls, Original Vanilla Bean Glazed, Blueberry Sour Cream
Middle Row: Nanner, Orange Fanta with Pastry Crème, Meyer Lemon, Chocolate Vanilla Bean Glazed, Nutella with Chocolate Mousse
Bottom Row: Bacon Butterscotch, Cotton Candy (minus the actual Cotton Candy) , Chocolate Vanilla Bean Glazed, Vanilla Bean Glazed, Apple Streusel
Let’s talk donuts. Bon Glaze offers 21 different gourmet donut flavors! They cost $2.50 each and $29.75 baker’s dozen. They were seriously all amazing but I’m going to highlight some of my top recommendations:
- Blueberry Sour Cream: This is a cake donut and was amazinggg. The texture seems thicker than a regular donut but is still fluffy and falls apart in your mouth. The glaze also has just the right amount of sweetness!
- Bacon Butterscotch: This was my personal favorite. The combination of the ingredients almost reminded me of the taste of maple syrup! The bacon counteracts the butterscotch perfectly. I loved this donut and how filling it was!
- Nutella with Chocolate Mousse: This is a donut stuffed with nutella.. need I say more? This was Hannah’s favorite!
- Orange Fanta with Pastry Crème: I brought this donut home to share with my friends and my friend Alyssa loved this one! She said it tasted like a Creamiscle pop!
- Cotton Candy (pictured below): This is one of the most unique donuts I’ve ever had. It literally comes with cotton candy sitting on top of it. The owners of Bon Glaze told me the idea of this donut came from their 9-year old daughter! The donut tasted just like cotton candy from a fair and was the perfect amount of sweetness!
Another amazing thing that makes Bon Glaze unique is that they serve bacon! They offer four types: chocolate dipped, candied, Natural Wood Smoked, and Candied Cayenne! It is $5.75 for 5 slices of any of the types except the chocolate dipped bacon which costs $7.00 for 5 slices. If you like really crispy bacon like me, then you will love Bon Glaze’s bacon! I highly recommend ordering the natural wood smoked bacon while eating the donuts because it really balances out the sweetness of the donuts and is delicious. For me the chocolate dipped bacon was too sweet but my friend Hannah loved it! My favorite bacon on its own was the Candied Cayenne slice! It first tastes sweet but then the cayenne gives you a little bit of a kick! It isn’t something that’s painfully spicy so I think everyone could find it enjoyable!
Oh my gosh you guys, Hannah and I tried the breakfast sandwich which included a fried egg, bacon, and cheddar- it was phenomenal. The buns are an unglazed donut because the glaze is actually in the sandwich. Hannah and I both almost immediately finished our half of the sandwich that we split because it was that good. I will absolutely be coming back for this!
I love that Bon Glaze also offers Belgian Waffles since they can be hard to find! We tried the waffle with only powder sugar and I loved how warm and soft it was!
4 thoughts on “EMILY’S CHOICE: Bon Glaze Doughnuts”
I’ll be visiting soon! I’ll let them know you sent me.
That’s awesome!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
You should try Tap: A Gastropub for Brunch one weekend! They have a build your own mimosa deal too!! && if your looking for something really fresh with activities try out Slingshot Entertainment!!
Awesome, I’ll have to check that out! Thanks for the comment!